Incomplete knowledge of Autism can lead to ineffective teaching and learning; stressed, frustrated teachers, and children having negative experiences of school.
Training and Consultancy for Autism and related disorders in schools
Children and young people on the Autistic Spectrum or with related conditions such as ADHD and Attachment Disorders can find school difficult. The pupils’ behaviour can be particularly challenging, especially when teachers lack the specific knowledge or experience to get the best out of the children.
Enabling outstanding teaching and learning for all children
If you’d like to equip your teaching team with the confidence to support children across the Autistic Spectrum, I can help, in many different settings, amongst them:
- Mainstream schools: Tackling specific issues or helping you support newly diagnosed children.
- Special schools: Delivering bespoke training sessions and practical teaching ideas.
- Respite Centres: Helping you induct and support staff across the Unit who may be new to Autism
All courses reflect the specific needs of the children in your organisation.
Training areas include:
- General Autism awareness.
- Specific training around Asperger’s Syndrome and High Functioning Autism
- Autism, Attachment Disorders and ADHD
Examples of topics covered in a training session:
- Understand why young people with ASC may not respond in the way you expect.
- Understand situations from an Autistic point-of-view, so you can work more effectively.
- Explore practical tools and techniques to overcome communication barriers.
- Discuss the needs of individual children and identify practical ways to support them in the school environment.
- Identify strategies for the successful integration of children with Autism into mainstream education.
- Practical strategies and ideas for the classroom.
- Communicating strategies
- Proven ideas for working in partnership with parents to support the child.
What’s more, sessions are:
- Interactive and thought provoking: To ensure teachers stay engaged and interested.
- Personalised: As each child has different needs, we’ll address what’s happening in your school so you get the best value.
- Learner-led: The session is flexible allowing time to discuss the questions and concerns teachers raise.
- Packed with useful ideas: Theory is supported by practical examples and tips you can implement to see results in the classroom.
- Cost effective: Your fee includes all resources, consumables and equipment, and each session can cater for up to 30 attendees.
Autistic children need empathetic, specialised teaching
Teachers with the skills, knowledge and understanding of Autism are more compassionate and better equipped to ensure that students on the Autistic Spectrum children get the best school experience.
How to book:
If you’d like to book quality, personalised autism training for your school, simply call Andrew Hall on 01223 929269 or email email@example.com. We can discuss your individual requirements, answer your questions and arrange a date.
Supporting Children with Autistic Spectrum Conditions
Who is this course for?
- All staff in nurseries, schools and colleges working with children and young people on the Autistic Spectrum
- Know the diagnostic criteria for autism
- Recognise the main characteristics of behaviour of people with ASC
- Understand the Triad of Impairment
- Compare different individuals with ASC in order to appreciate the range of the spectrum
- Appreciate the particular differences of using / understanding language with people with ASC
- Understand the need to back up spoken language visually, to help people understand
- Appreciate the importance of routine and predictability for people with ASC
- Understand the complexity of social interaction
- Appreciate the sensory differences of people with ASC
How Long is this Course?
This course requires a full day.
How To Book
Phone 01223 929269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
So to raise awareness of how children with Autism learn, simply contact me today.